Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:17 PM   #1

These photos are entirely unremarkable except as an example of the quality of the 70-300mm lens. The pictures were taken from the same location with the lens stuck through an opening in a chain link fence. Pics are hand held with IS. The top photo is taken at 70mm F8. The second at 300mm F9.

In the second photo, I have inset a 100% crop of small part of the frame (the arrow points to the area being enlarged). Upon examination, I realized it was a ground power receptacle as the words "GROUND POWER" are readable. The following line, while not entirely legible, show a voltage number as the "V" is legible (I believe it to say "DC 28V") and the bottom line appears to indicate amps.

These photos were taken from about 200 feet away and I would guess the largest stenciled words to be not more than an inch high. I think it's a testament to the lens (and the E-510) that the image is this sharp.

Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:50 PM   #2

That's my experience, too. Can't beat it for the price. The only thing that would be better would be if this new 9-18 Zuikoperforms as well.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote