Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:42 AM   #1

......it ain't MLB (see Greg's Rangers post) but the ticket cost was only 4$ (2 games), the concession stand had really good hamburgers for 3$ and I was back on the field, what FUN.

This was my first time out to use the 70-300ZD....I actually left the 50-200 behind. Though the files are not quite the same IQ as I normally get with the 50-200 by the end of the day I became comfortable using the lens, having gotten over the influence of 600mm equiv and just started using it to get the best composition at the time.

The light here was at exact midday, clear sky @ 97F temp, IT WAS HARSH but using shutter priority with auto WB, auto ISO some of the pics are ok.

I really like this lens, it is exactly like everyone here has proclaimed, I just have to learn to use it.

......the obligatory picture of my grandson

AND a couple files to share of our other 16 year old players............

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:11 AM   #2

Hi Bob,

Nice shots indeed!

As for the photos of the grandson, Your sports action shots of your grandson are inspirational to me-can't have too many of those. My grandson is 6 and is currently playing T-Ball andI can't wait for him tomature to play on a more formal level. As it is, we're going to go to one of his games on Monday. I'm also bringing the 70-300mm with me. This will be my first attempt at shooting a sports event-albeit, maybe not moving that fast:-).

Wish you good luck with the 70-300mm.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:23 AM   #3

Thanks Zig.... they only grow up 1-time so take a lot of photos. It has been some time since T-ball for me but I do have one more grandson coming along (3 yrs) so maybe again someday.

This team is made up of 16's, they each started varsity for their high school team this past year. There are 14 players on the team and each plays several positions so it makes for a fun summer. My grandson (Jacob) did not pitch the past school year, he did catch 2 games and started all the rest at shortstop.... We do have fun!

I have 2-more games yet today so more opportunity to use the 70-300. You have fun and let us see some ballgame photos.

BTW, I recently saw some of your 'flies' photos, quite impressive and I know that hobby is a LOT of enjoyment.

Thanks for the remarks,
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:16 PM   #4

Nice shots, Bob. It definitely takes some dedication to be out in the middle of the day these days down here, but it was obviously worth it. And now you get to do it again for 2 more games! That's a lot of baseball, but it always went by faster than I wanted when it was my daughter playing softballwhen she was in high school. I'm sure it'll be the same here with you. Have fun and fill up all of your cards!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:53 PM   #5

Hi Bob!

Good to see you shooting with the new lens! Nice pics of the game esp 3 and 4 being my favorites.

: o )>
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote