Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 18, 2008, 3:57 PM   #1

I had a quick look thro this months Digital Photographer and spotted the first review of the Leica D 14-150 in any photography magazine. The review - well here's some quotes:

"If you thought the USM and Silent Wave motors from Canon and Nikon were good this lens will blow you away"

"At this price, of course, your going to expect the best - not just in terms of build quality and performance but IQ too. The Leica showed that nopt only is its resolution high but its exceptionally consistent right through the aperture range, right across the frame, from the centre to the edge and even across its range of focal lengths>"

Features: 10/10
Build Quality : excellent 9/10
Performance: 10/10
Quality of results: 9/10
Value for Money: 7/10

Total Score: 9/10

Summary: 10x zooms often look good on paper but disappomit in their perfom,ance, handling - the Lecia D 14-150 isn;t one of them. For once this is something that four thirds fans can gloat about."

PanaLeica looks to have knocked up a 5 star lens

Only negative....

".. while Olympus users are likely to prefer Olympus branded lenses is a shame, because this is such a great lens, that it deserves to become a classic."

Personally I disagree with the above quote - i don;t think not all Oly users are snobs like that (although I have noticed a few that seem to stick their nose up at anything Panaleica based at dp)

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links