Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 22, 2008, 3:59 PM   #1

Hi All

Just been watching the Euro soccer quater finals today and as usual lots of Canon an Nikon glass, which got me wondering if Oly or Panaleica introduced a 300mm or 400 f4 whether anyone, specifically sports and wildlife togs would be interested in it ? Pricewise it should be quiet a bit cheaper than the 300f2.8 and hopefully smaller in size and weight and fitted with SWD or XMS pretty fast at focusing too.

Or is that covered by the 150f2+TC - still cheaper than the 300f2.8, or 50-200 +TC or even the 70-300 (esp it was fitted with SWD).

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:53 PM   #2

Good question, Harj

Can't speak for anyone else but, I've been waitingfor an in-depth review from Wrotniak on the 50-500mm f4.0 so-called Bigma lens. If Panaleica made a 300mm or 400mm it would frankly be beyond my means. I would think the same would be true for Olympus, if they decided to release one. so I keep thinking that the Bigma might be a possibility for me.

The other issue with me, is that I'd prefer to use a zoom rather than a prime lens for wildlife, nature, etc. As for sports photography, knowing the little that I now know, I think you definitely need a zoom rather than prime lens.

Looking forward to input from others on the subject.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 7:41 PM   #3

hi guys. that f4 @ 50mm of the bigma goes away rapidly. i've seen some decent shots from it, but its probably not so great for action. something like a updated version of my leica 350 4.8 would be cool, smaller & faster. a leica 350 f4? i'll call my buddies at leica and get them started on it
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote