Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 1, 2008, 7:47 PM   #1

I say that because it was over 90 degrees today, and with the sun being out, quite contrasty. but it is September 1, so....

These were taken with the E510 withthe 12-60..

Nice place for a picnic..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:10 PM   #2

90degrees, huh! ........that's some fall day.

It's really a fall day here today: 67degrees,wind blowin' 15 to 20 out of the North, overcast.

I like your Fall day better.

As for the images, all very sharp with good color.I really like the tone of the out of focus areas......and no, I'm not going to use that funny b word.

As much as I like the IQ of the 12-60, I'm quite pleased with the 14-54mm. AND, I don't have to try and explain to the missus how a lens can be worth that much.:shock:

Thanks for sharing.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:14 PM   #3

Somewhere between 90 and 67, there lies a better day for both of us!

I'm glad you like that 14-54. I does do very well. I used it not that long ago to shoot a wedding..

The only images from that set where I didn't used the 14-54 were the shots from the back of the church where it was the 70-300.

It's hard to tell since the EXIF data isn't there, and I'm not sure why. I processed those prior to buying Studio. I have Photoshp CS2, but the latest version ofAdobe Camera RAW that works in CS2 does not work with E510 files, so I had to convert the ORF files to DNG in order to use Camera RAW. The convertedimages on my computer still have the EXIF data in tact, but it didn't feed over to Smugmug when I uploaded the files, so I don't bother doing that anymore. At some point I need to get a new computer and upgrade Photoshop or buy Lightroom.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:13 AM   #4

Great shots of a beautiful place. Lots of colors! I doubt thatgarden will look this good in the Fall.

I just wish the 12-60mm was not as expensive.:sad:
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote