Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:38 AM   #11

Nice series, Zig. You've got some real good results considering the high contrast between the covered area and the sunny side of the Ball Park. Well done.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:28 AM   #12

hi Harj-Tullio,

thanks for the positive feedback.

Harj, #4 is my personal favorite as well. It reminds me of the games I used to go to when I was a kid. if it wasn't for the skyscrapers in the backgound, the picture could have been taken 40 or 50 yrs ago.

overall, I has happy with the results given the lighting conditions. The 14-54mm lens , I think, made a difference as far as the ability to capture detail without losing the highlights. In retrospect, I should have shot in RAW. That would have allowed more latitude in PP.

As for the 70-300mm, that lens continues to make me a happy camper. The IQ for an inexpensive lens is really very good-better than I ever expected.

I've basically reduced my travel kit to having the 14-54 on the camera and the 70-300 in either my pocket or my travel bag. So far, I'm not missing the 40-150 lens at all.

Someday, I think i'll get a 9-18mm or the 11-22, but that's a ways off right now.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote