Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 15, 2008, 1:55 PM   #1

Where are the best places to look for a 70-300? I got my Oly E-500 from Cameta's. I have seen the site that shows the best priced stores but I can't remember how to get there now. $319.00 is the cheapest I have found it thus Far...David
outdoorsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:14 PM   #2

Hi David,

The following are a few of the sites that I look at when shopping for Olympus lenses and accessories:

Amazon.com- tend to have the lowest prices and you have a 30day return guarantee should anything go wrong.

B&H Photo.com

Adorama.com

No doubt there are others, but these 3 at least will give you a start.

By the way, don't overlook Craig's list as a source for camera gear. Only caveat there is that when you buy a used lens, there is no warrenty.

Additionally, you c should also look at http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

It's a website for users of fourthirds cameras. The link is to their buy/sell forum. Often times you can find very good deals on Olympus products.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:20 PM   #3

hi David,

...........I did see your photo gallery via your other post and enjoyed seeing your work, thanks for that.

As for the Olympus 70-300 I bought mine at BuyDig ($319)and presently the price ($299) is the best offered via pricegrabber.com stores.

I've purchased two other lenses from Beach Camera. The two stores are of the same business entity, same address.......... For my needs I trust and buy from either.

http://cameras.pricegrabber.com/slr-...oduct/sv=title

_________
boBBrennan
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:57 PM   #4

Tanks Bob I'll check them out
outdoorsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:40 PM   #5

Had mine now for about a month now and its just a sick lens!

Get it while its sub $300
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:33 AM   #6

ill also recommend buydig... I bought 2 lenses (the 35mm and the 70-300) there and they seem to have the best olympus deals.
dlpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 4:50 AM   #7

I'll also recommend buydig as a business on the up-and-up. I've made multiple camera-related purchases from them over the years and never had a problem.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 4:02 AM   #8

Sounds like buydig is doing something just right!
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:02 PM   #9

Hey guys: Is anyone out there using the Zuiko 18-180? Adorama and some others have it for $399. It seems to me like it's an all around lens to replace both standard kit lenses. Just wondering if anyone has any specific experience with it.

Tks,

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:23 PM   #10

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys: Is anyone out there using the Zuiko 18-180? Adorama and some others have it for $399. It seems to me like it's an all around lens to replace both standard kit lenses. Just wondering if anyone has any specific experience with it.

Tks,

Steve R.
There's oftensometraffic about that lens over in the Olympus DSLR page at DPReview, sometimes with samples, sometimes not. The problem I have with it is the f6.3 maximum aperture at the 180mm end. That is awful slow, especially when a lens like the 70-300, at almost twice the reach, has a useable f5.6 speed at 300mm. The 18-180 seems overpriced to me compared to the 70-300 for what you get.

I personally don't consider it a replacement for the kit lenses, which are very, verygood optically. At 10x, I would expect the image quality to take a hit in some amount compared to the kit lenses.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote