Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:03 PM   #1

I just purchased a e510 with a 14-42mm and 40-150mm lens. Would like opinionson a decent travel bag I could purchase the would fit these and a small flash unit and also a spare battery, charger , cords and memory cards. Would like to keep the cost to under $50 if possible. I was looking at a Lowepro 160 or 180 series.
PTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:55 PM   #2

Hi: Try your local Sam's Club. They have the Lowepro sling bag for $39 at my local store. It'sroomy enough for all your items.

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:53 AM   #3

I cannot access Ebay from work but you can search on this bag and get it for around the price you are looking to stay within. I have the large version Slingshot Pro 300

This is the 200 version which is smaller than the one I have. I paid the around same price from Ebay for the 300 as what you see in the link. Which leaves me to believe that you should get the 200 for about 50 bucks. In fact I think I got it for like 80 bucks flat, shipped from a Canadian vendor.

Its a nice bag with room for the cam and your lenses. Best part if you do not have to take off your bag to grab your camera for those quick draw shots.

signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:40 AM   #4

+1 on the Lowepro Sling bags..

Which size you get pretty much has to do with how much gear you think is necessary to be carrying around.

I'm using the 200. The main compartment holds my 510 with 14-42 and EC20 mounted, flash, 40-150 tele, pair of spare batteries, pair of lens hoods.. plus room left over.

Other compartments hold odds and ends like cables, manuals, documents.
Retread is offline   Reply With Quote