Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:08 PM   #1

Here's a combination of a couple of my hobbies.

I'm currently building the Moebius Models "Gigantic Frankenstein" which is a reproduction of an old Aurora model from the early 1960's. When I do a big model project, I like to take in-progress pictures. A lot of other model builders do the same...but they are model builders first. So, for them, photographing models means putting it on thecoffee table and turning on a reading lamp.

I takeit a bit more seriously. I like to use OTT-Lites for illumination. I used three for these photos.

The top photo looks monochromatic but its grey primer against a grey background. The second photo shows the early stages of airbrushing.When complete, themodel will be painted with a clear dull coat to kill the shine.

Both photos areuncropped full frame. They were taken with the 50mm macro on my E-500. Iuse an E-510 for my "walking around" photos but it's great to have the E-500 because I can just leave the 50mm on there all the time since I use it tridod mounted for my model shots.

Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:52 AM   #2

Now that's a face only a mother could love!................

The two images appear to be a little on the soft side. Did you want to soften the overall feel of the shots? I owned a 50mm macro at one time. It is anwonderfully sharp lens. I'm not complaining about the sharpness, I just am a bit surprised is all.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote