Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 28, 2009, 5:54 PM   #1

Finally, a sign of Spring: The World of Wheels Car Show. I was there a few hours ago and these pics are hot off the flash card. I shot RAW this year because I had some color issues shooting jpeg last year.Pics are ISO 400 with the 11-22mm.

The odd man out in this series is the top picture of actress Candy Clark which is the only flash shot (Fl-36R on my E-510). I was thrilled to find myself standing right next to miss Clark who had apparently gone unoticed by the younger crowd. I was able toindulge an old high school fantasy by engaging Miss Clark in polite conversation. If you're young...or not a car guy...you may not know who she is.

All other shots are hand held available light. The exif demonstrates why I need the 11-22mm as opposed to the 9-18. The car shots are all between F3.1 and 3.5. Of the 110 images I shot, I don't think any were at F4.0 and many were at 2.8. Ithink two of thses pics are at 1/13 of a second. That in-body image stabilization is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. Wide angle flash photography is very difficult at event like this (unless youlike crazy highlights and black, featureless backgrounds). I tried a dozen flash photos and, other than the Candy Clark picture, they were inferior quality.

Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:50 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Some very cool cars here and I'm not even going to start considering how many hours have been put into getting them like this and then maintaining the condition.

I really should get to a car show as I've not made one in ages!!

Apart from the first shot you seem to have had a white balance problem making the shots very cool (blue). I've done a quick correction, it is not perfect but hope it helps you get your originals back to how they should be.
Attached Images
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote