Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:51 PM   #1

keyboard ... with Konica Hexanon 52mm/1:1.8

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:00 AM   #2

There are some people that have a blast with old legacy glass, adapters, and Oly cameras. I've toyed with the idea myself, but my manual focus abilities are much lower than what the automated version can do.

Looks loke your having fun, and......

Your keyboard is MUCH cleaner than mine:-)

fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:27 AM   #3

An interesting assortment of lenses. I too have used konica SLR cameras and still have the FT-1 motor drive that I bought back in 1983. Whenever I take it out and look through thatwonderful splitscreen prism viewfinder, it reminds me just how painfully small the viewfinder of the E-510 really is.

When I bought my first E-500 dslr, I got the legacy lens bugand converted a Konica 50mm f1.7 and a 135mm f3.5 prime lens. I've also converted a Kiron 80-200mm f4.5 lens. I find that the 50mm f1.7 is a really sharp & bright lens, easy to use, andproduces the most consistent results. The zoom lens doesnot perform at all well.

I've also added Olympus OM 50mm f1.8, 135mmf3.5 lenseswith a 2XA converter.

After all that, I've come to the realization that, for me, using the Olympus ZD digital lenses is the only way I'll usemy E-510. They produce consistently excellent results (unless I mess up) and they do a much better job of accurately focusing than my tired eyes can.

Having said that, I'll continue to keep my legacy lenses as, one day, I might just end up with an E-3 and it's wonderfully large viewfinder.:?

I do have a question for you: How do you like the 500mm Makinon? I've yet to see any good results using a 500mm F8 lens, regardless of who the maker is.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:22 AM   #4

I shoot with a Vivtar Series 1 for all my macro work. Awesome glass!
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote