Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:10 PM   #1

Looking at adapter rings on Ebay. Seems to be two types. Cheap ones without AF confirm, dearer ones with AF confirm.

Question - Is the chipped one any advantage really ?

I'm looking for both Pentax PK AF to 4/3, and also Minolta MC to 4/3, should anyone have a recommendation on purchase.
mr.sneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:35 PM   #2

I've purchased adapter rings from 2 different companies on Ebay and I've found both to be reputable and to provide high quality adapters for my E-510

The first is RJ camera - or JinFinance

The second is Cirrus Adapter:

The adapters I've purchased do not have the auto confirm chip so I can't personally comment on their effectiveness. I have read that the adapter with chip is fairly fragile. Having said that, I do beleive that there are a couple of regular forum members who own them. Hopefully they'll respond as well.

After having tried using a variety of older legacy lenses, I've determined that, although it can be fun, the older lenses are just not designed for todays digital cameras and the ZD digital lenses by Olympus are just easier to use and give you more consistent results. Simply put, IMHOtheywill give you far superior results.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote