Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 22, 2009, 1:04 PM   #1
Default What about the E3

Hi gang,

I have been gone for 11 long months. I was informed on a Thursday afternoon that I would yet again (x6) be deployed, on the following Sunday. Can't say much other than Special Opps is hot in the desert. Anyway I took my E-500 and well "they" wouldn't let me pack it, so I had to leave it at the undisclosed location of my departure. OK, wow I have missed an awful lot since then. I was fortunate enough to have my photo mag. subscriptions mailed to me. What is the buzz on the E3? Any pro's, con's? I want one, I just want to know if it is worth the $1,300 dollars for the body only?

From what I have been reading it seems that most of the buzz surrounding DSLR's is video capability. Uhh, excuse me, I have a video camera, why waste technology on trying to produce a still/video camera? I hope Olympus dosen't fall into that hype. Stick to producing new technology for dslr's, let video cams have their own space. Anyway I went to Disney Florida, a welcome home gift from my family. Thanks guys it was hot as "H" there to. I will try to attach some pics from there. Great to be back and hopefully I'll get caught up soon and get back in the mix.

North Carolina
Attached Images
outdoorsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:36 PM   #2
Default Welcome back

Don't overlook the availability of preowned E-3 dslrs. Adorama has 2 1 at 799.00 the other at 899.00. And I'm sure if you look in Craig's List, B&H Photo, or Fourthirdsphoto.com , you'll find some pretty good deals.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote