Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Default ....getcha best photos entered

Seems to me that this months super prize for Steve's DPoTD at month end may prompt some interesting entries. I am looking through my stash of 'unpublished' photo art, how about YOU..............

twitter can be helpful, it was to me .. I am a follower http://twitter.com/stevesdigicams

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2009, 3:52 PM   #2

Lucky me--one I submitted not long ago was chosen as "POTD" yesterday. (A Walk on the Dunes). I had no idea it would ever be used but am VERY happy for it to be selected this month. Does anyone know if you can have more than one POTD per month? I submitted the one used yesterday in July so I could still send one in for August. Good luck everyone.
spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 4:13 AM   #3
Default Thanks

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the heads up. I totally missed this one. I might even submit a photo this month...

BTW, Spedangie that is one very cool image. Where is that ?
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:02 AM   #4

Well I really HOPE it's a cool photo--cause I think that's one great monthly first prize! Seriously, I don't expect it will be a first prize contender,given the quality of photos that I see here, but it is honor to be even in consideration.
I'm a pretty "strictly amateur" photographer but once and a while something does come out 'not bad'. Of course having a Zuiko 12-60 lens on my E-510 doesn't hurt my final effort.
BTW, that shot was taken at the Great Sand Dunes National Park near Alamosa, Colorado. It's an amazing area-over 300 miles of spectacular sand dunes that end at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The tallest dunes in North America are located here-they rise 600 to 700 feet above the valley floor. We only had one afternoon to spend there and did make it to the top of one of the tallest dune. It about killed me to NOT be there for early morning or evening light though.
Good luck on any photos you submit--wait a minute--maybe not that good of luck, considering what's at stake here!
Happy snapping--Angie
spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote