Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:12 PM   #1
Default Sunrise at the Beach

Went on a coast to coast trip yesterday with a group of about 20 other photographers, local Flickr group.

Started off with sunrise at St. Augustine beach on the Atlatic coast then traveled West across Florida to catch the sunset at Cedar Key on the Gulf of Mexico.

Unfortunatly rain ruined most of the late afternoon, but still shot the sunset under umbrellas.

I decided to shoot only in raw and process in Oly Master to try out the Art filters that everyone else has been using lately.

Here is a few of the sunrise shots converted from raw with no adjustmest just converted to jpg with as shot settings and then saved the same shot but with the Pop Art filter applied.

E-30 w/ 12-60mm.

edit: add one more.

Last edited by satire23; Aug 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM.
satire23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:32 PM   #2

This is a fine gallery of images that, to me, show how to use the pop art filter to maximim benefit. Of course, it helps to use a lens such as the 12-60mm.

I've been messing around a bit with this filter and continue to come back to it when shooting sunsets/sunrises and some landscapes. In many of the shots, I find I need to dial back the effect that the filter applies to achieve a color saturation that looks good to me without being overly processed.

Thanks for sharing
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote