Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:43 AM   #1
Default New E-620 owner

I finally bought my first dSLR, an E-620. I used to shoot with a Canon S2 IS. It was time to upgrade IMO.

I also ordered the 70-300mm lens to go with the stock 14-42mm. I'm hoping that the coverage gap in my lenses won't be too bad. I was trying to get around 400mm to get about the same as my S2.

I still find that on some occasion, it won't focus in timely fashion - usually low light conditions or the AF is pointing towards a shady area.

I'm getting better results using auto white balancing. I'll have to confirm at my house, but at my parents under regular bulbs, tungsten would produce a blue hue.

Otherwise, the pictures are great so far.
TekiusFanatikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:57 PM   #2

Congrats on your new E620 TekiusFanatikus! Enjoy!

Post some pics too...

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:40 PM   #3
Default Congrats!

I hope your new camera gives you as much pleasure and enjoyment as my E-30 gives me.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with websites dealing with Olympus technical issues and tips. But there are a couple worth mentioning:

BIOFOS.com is a site run by John Foster over at the UK. His website is a great resource of practical information and technical reviews of Olympus cameras, lenses and assessories.

Another site, here in the states is Wrotniak.com managed by Andrzej Wrotniak a Physicist by trade. His site is a wealth of practical information.

If you have a question about a specific product, technical question, or a just plain interested in reading something nenw, these two sites will probablly have the answer. They are well worth bookmarking..

And, obviously, this forum is a good resource for all things having to do with Olympus.

Good luck, take lots of photos and post a few.

P.s. I know this sounds silly but read your manual. It amazes me as to how few people read the manual that comes with the cameras. All Oly DSLRs are feature rich. To get the most out of them, it's really important to refer to the manual often.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote