Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:38 PM   #1
Default Fun in Photoshop

Well, I'm getting prepared for an annual fishing trip to Martha's Vineyard where we chase after Bonito, False Albacore, Striped Bass and well, anything else that happens to swim by.

Weapon of choice is the Flyrod. I've been flyfishing for Saltwater gamefish for the last 39years-back in the days when people looked at you "kinda funny" when they saw you flyfishing in the surf. These days, everyone seems to be doing it. Sorta like photography, everyone has gotta have a dslr these days.

Well, anyways, I've been getting ready by tying up a bunch of streamer flies and I tend to take a photograph of the ones I like since my mind is going and I can't remember what some of them looked like when I go to tie a new batch.

All this pop art filter stuff prompted me to start to fool around a bit in Photoshop to the images to see what the results would be.

Here's one:

It still is 'clean' enough for me to remember what I did. But, a bit more interesting to my eyes.
E-30 14-54mm lens FL-36 flash Photoshop Elements 6.0

For those unimpressed with my Photoshop prowess, here is theimage straight out of the camera, just cropped.

Last edited by zig-123; Sep 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:50 PM   #2

Hi Zig-

Sounds like a real fun trip is coming up! Bonito flakes are my cat's favorite treats.

Anyway, that looks like a real fish!

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:06 AM   #3

...........that is an amazing craft of artistry, so is the photography of it.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote