Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Default Some street pics .. with the E1..PP using LR3Beta

Hi Guys

As I've been playing around with LR3 Beta recently I started to look through all of my old pics (haven;t taken any new ones for a while so their all old!) and came across a few E1 pics that I had missed completely. I only ever shot RAW with my E1 (my E3 - its RAW+Jpeg) - all PP within LR3 Beta:

1. Rivets: - A peterbuilt truck that i spotted in the West End of London.

2. The London Eye - a different viewpoint. Taken from roof on the old "Joost" UK headquarters using the OM 135 F3.5.

3. Covent Garden - Watching the street entertainers.

4. "Size" - this one I had PP before using LR1 just after it was taken but I decided to put it through Lr3beta.

5. Sunset over Canary Wharf

6. Scaffolding - Again from the old Joost roof top.

7. The last one... "Flowers" - A Morris Minor car that had flowers all around the front and rear bumpers. Sheperds Bush, London:

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i really like this set. definitely one of my favorite sets i have seen you post.

your black and white images look great.

#1 really nice detail shot, black and white works well, love the reflections in the bolts.
#6 i love this shot, the black and white really brings out the lines and angles in the scaffolding and the buildings, and the ferris wheel in the background softened by the fog is nice.
#7 great detail shot. simple but very effective shot here. the soft color of the car is offset nicely by the flowers.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:30 PM   #3

Hi Harj,

Great series of images. I'm even more impressed that they were done with the E-1. That old workhorse is, no doubt long in the tooth but the output compares quite favorably with anything out there today.

Funny that you should be playing around with Lighroom 3Beta. I just downloaded it this morning. I messed around a bit with one file but didn't have enough time today to fully explore that software.

Reason for my looking at Lightroom is that I'm accustomed to PSE 7.0 but continue to experience problems with it. Typically locking up in the middle of an edit, after I've gone through a number of time consuming edits, color adjustments, etc. It all of a sudden blows out and closes or freezes.

I continue to explore the possibility of buying a new desktop and am impressed with Apple's IMac 21.5" all-in-one. I've always owned a windows OS machine but have just about had it with Windows XP.
Vista has not been the solution and Windows 7 appears to have enough issues whereby, it may be time for a change.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:06 PM   #4

Hi Guys

Hard's and Zig .. thanks for the comments. I was quiet surprised when i started to go through the various pics in LR to find a lot that I can't think why I never worked on them. The car with the flowers had to be the hardest one to shot esp as that part of town isn;t the safest to be walking around with a camera and also I don;t think I was able to take a pic of how good that car actually looked in the flesh.

I do miss being able to go out and about and just shoot whats going on in the street. My back isn;t great so thats really stopped me being able to take a camera with me to work.Its only when I go back and take a look at the older shots do I realise who good the E1 still is, although now that I've been going through both E3 and E1 pics - to be honest the IQ wise the files from the E3 look just as good, so I'm a happy bunny.

Re the B&W - all done in LR - I tweak the low contrast B&a

Last edited by HarjTT; Nov 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote