Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:06 AM   #11

Hello everyone! Newbie here...I just received the E600 from QVC. I can't tell you much about it yet since it is my first DSLR and I am clueless on the capability of it. I just joined this forum to get some tips and learn some stuff.
janiceandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:20 AM   #12
Default Hi Janice & company

Welcome to the forum. Based on what I've read, The E-600 is a clone of the E-620 with just a few features missing. So you've got yourself a pretty nifty little camera.

As for being new to dslr technology and not knowing much about it. Well, we've all started pretty much from the same spot. So, not to worry, we've all walked in your shoes.

A couple of suggestions. READ the manual. That's the best starting point.
Next, I would recommend you download a copy of the manual from Olympus. Here in the states, that would be Olympususa.com. Reason for the download simply is that you can refer to it a lot easier on your desktop than pulling the manual out every time you have a question.

Wrotniak.net is a great resource for anything having to do with Olympus E series cameras. Lots of good reading and if you look at the articles he's written on the E-620, you'll shorten your learning curve in a hurry.

Last, have fun, take lotsa pictures and post a few for all of us to enjoy.

Oh, by the way, READ THE MANUAL!!!!! ( I can't stress that enough)
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote