Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:41 PM   #1
Default Another trip to Arlington Camera...

...and don't you know it....I bought something else. This time, the little 25mm f2.8 pancake Zuiko. What a cute little lens, and plenty sharp. Mounted on the E620, it looks like there's virtually no lens fitted. Coupled with the 9-18 and 40-150, there's my answer to owning a superzoom digicam or buying a micro four-thirds camera. Even substituting the 70-300 for the 40-150 and adding the FL50R results in a very lightweight Tamrac System 5 bag.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2009, 5:56 PM   #2

.....figures! I came close to stopping there today but have not actually made a $400 decision so I stayed away.

I bet the 25mm on the 620 is a cutie... I need another bag and ArlCam has the best selection in DFW so maybe I will use that excuse to go LQQK around.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:03 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Coupled with the 9-18 and 40-150, there's my answer to owning a superzoom digicam or buying a micro four-thirds camera.
Yep - better than a 43 - at least you have an OVF. Good for you!

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:45 AM   #4
Default Good for you.

Well, good for you Greg. Knowing you, you'll put it to good use.

For my part, I couldn't resist the latest offer at B&H Photo for the 70-300mm ZD lens. At 254dollars delivered it was an easy decision.

I must be nuts because this will be the 4th copy of this lens that I've owned.
I've had a love hate relationship with this particular zoom. I sold off all 3 of the other 70-300mm lenses that I've owned. I hate the way the lens keeps hunting in low light as well as racking the entire focal range. The image quality is what keeps me coming back though. At 300mm, the IQ and sharpness is hard to beat (when used in good lighting). I bought a Sigma 135-400mm APO DG lens with the idea that it would be an improvement.
At 300mm, the IQ is there, but it quickly deteriorates when extended beyond 300mm. Then when you compare the size and weight of the 70-300mm against the Sigma, it quickly becomes obvious as the which is the preferable lens.

I've not used a 70-300mm with the E-30. So I thought I'd give it another try.

In the meantime, I hope you get to post a few shots using the E-620/25mm combo.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote