Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:45 AM   #21

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
My girlfriend has the 20 inch iMac. the screen is soooo glossy. Do you have one of the newer models? She just bought hers last year. I bought her the Mac version of Elements and neither she or I do well on that machine because of that screen.
Hi Greg,

Yes, I do have the latest 21.5" all-in-one IMac with the 16 x 9 screen. And yes, the screen is quite bright. I don't have a problem with it as I don't have any lights on in my office when I'm working on it. I prefer not to have any glare or reflection on the screen. So, that's something I've always done as long as I've used a computer. I do have to say that, personally, I find the screen much to my liking. I feel that I can really 'see' the image I'm working on. When making adjustments with ACR5.6 or PSE8 I really do believe that I can easily see the incremental adjustments I'm making.

The larger IMac, with the 27" screen utilizes an HD LED backlit display with a significantly greater resolution 2560 x 1440 versus 1920 x 1080. The 27" screen is nothing more than stunning. But, when I started thinking about how I was really going to use it, reality set in and I chose the smaller less expensive unit. I didn't evaluate if the large unit was easier on the eyes vs the smaller unit.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:41 AM   #22

RT constantly crashes when opening in my latest Win7. I don't have the time or patience to patch. ACR 5.6 is very good.
Paul G.

turbines is offline   Reply With Quote