Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:45 AM   #1
Default Roadkill Wannabee...

Saturday I went to the Heard Nature Center in McKinney, Texas, around 30-45 minutes north of Dallas....if you can get on a highway where some idiot doesn't run into someone else and create a mammoth traffic jam, which happens every time I go up that way.

As we walked one of the nature trails, what comes walking out of the brush other than an armadillo....an animal more typically seen squashed on the side of most highways. Armadillos have horrid eyesite....maybe worse than mine, and this one came out and across the trail within a couple of feet of my friend and just kept walking like no one else was around.

You can see my friends' shadow in this image as the poor creature makes its' way across the trail..

A wonderful nature preserve to visit. I can see this being a great place to watch and shoot birds, especially this time of the year with no leaves on the trees, but we did not see many feathered friends to shoot this day, so I concentrated on what there was to shoot with my E30 and 12-60 or 50-200 SWD's as we hiked.

Trout lilies were starting to bloom. It takes these guys 7 years to go from seed to flower and they are so tiny you won't see them unless you're looking..

A bright, sunny day combined with lot of shade made many of these none too easy to shoot..

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Feb 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:45 AM   #2

nice pics greg, i was suppose to go on a mountain get away this weekend but the snow friday and saturday shut down my access to the park lodge i had reservations at, i am glad to see someone can get out for a hike though.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote