Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:05 PM   #1
Default Busy Day (E30 and E620 images)

Started out the day at the Arboretum with the E30 and, as it turned out, one lens, the 50-200 SWD, which I used both with and without the EX25..

I then went home and switched systems, taking my E620, 9-18, 25 and 70-300 Zuikos to Fair Park.

The main reason for going to Fair Park was to shoot two relatively new statues added to the art deco-filled Fair Grounds.

These were actually there in 1936 when the Fair opened celebrating Texas' Centenial but for some reason were removed a few years later. The city commissioned a local artist to recreate them using original drawings. Of course, I had to shoot them using the pop art filter. A bit of dumb luck in shooting this, but I like the way they "flow" with the lines in the art on the distant building.

Since buying the tiny, tiny 25mm f2.8 Zuiko I have not used it much, so I decided to take a few images with it today. Between this lens and the 9-18 I had a really hard time keeping my images level using the E620, partly due to the lack of the digital level I've become very used to using in the E30, but also in the case of the 25 Zuiko, partly due to the relatively high amount of barrel distortion that is quite noticeable in even relatively distant shots. Fortunately, with PTLens or Studio you can get rid of it, leaving only a very sharp image.

The last image above is part of the front facade of the Hall of State, one of the original buildings from 1936. During the Fair, it's always packed with a bunch of....well....junk. The time to go see it is when the Fair is not running to just enjoy the interior. I should have brought the 50-200 for the faster aperture than the 70-300, but I made it and the 9-18 work for a few shots..

Three last shots using the 25mm Zuiko. Again, once you've corrected the distortion, it's quite a sharp little lens.

Two shots of the Cotton Bowl stadium.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Mar 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:08 AM   #2

great bunch of shots Greg, very fitting usage of lenses!
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:52 AM   #3

Hi Greg,

The 3 interior shots are just beautiful!!!
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote