Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:13 PM   #1
Default Lightroom 3 Beta 2 is out ..

Adobe's just recently released LR3 beta 2 -

Here's the improvements over LR3 beta 1:

• Improved performance throughout the application for faster importing and loading of images
  • Native tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras
  • Luminance noise reduction has been added to the previous color noise reduction improvements available in the first public beta for outstanding overall high ISO quality
  • Support for importing and managing video files from DSLR cameras for better overall photographic workflow control
  • Improvements to the import experience in the first beta to reflect public feedback
  • Improved watermarking functionality from the first beta to reflect public feedback
Here's a video of the new features

the web sites as slow as it gets so ..u might want to save the video first and then watch it offline or its just a really badly put together video!

It also looks as if they have improved the IQ and esp the way LR handles noise quiet a bit and according to some where looking at least 1 stops worth.

You can get it from

I've not tested it yet .. the clone/heal tool just slows the whole app down and I've only exported one file so far. Regards the camera raw module - LR3Beta 1 was using ACR 6.x or something so I'm assuming that if theres been an update to it then its going to be minor. Now when will Adobe ship ACR 6 to PS Element and PS CS customers without requiring a new version of photoshop ?!!

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links