Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 12, 2010, 6:31 PM   #11

Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
The E-550 was/is a great li'l camera! Ultra-fast start-up time and good IQ. I found out the lens barrel had a propensity to stick so there were (and still might be) a lot of 'em on eBay dirt cheap. It's an easy fix. I picked up a bunch of 'em for some friends and showed them how to do the fix. They're still using them.
Haven't had that happen yet but I'd like to know what the fix is.

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 6:42 PM   #12

Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Yeah, Steven. I guess that's as good a reason as any. When I first got the HS-10, I found myself using it more & more and the Oly less & less. Then, it reversed after I got the 18-180mm and now it's about even. I'm glad it didn't sell! While BOTH cameras are excellent IMO, they both excel in different areas. Each has features and strong points the other doesn't. To be sure, I would have been kicking myself from here to Chicago and back had I sold the Oly.
Wrong Answer. I thought sure that one of the main reasons would be that you wouldn't be able to converse with the great guys and gals here on this Oly dslr forum!!!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote