Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:50 PM   #1

Default Om 100-200 f5 ???

Hi Guys

I was recently given an OM100-200F5 lens and was wondering if anyones had any experience of this lens ?

Externally its in top condition not a mark on it but internally its not looking too good but as a free bit of glass I can't really complain.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:53 PM   #2

Hi Harj: I happen to have that one as one of my legacy lens. I use it from time to time, but because it is a bit heavier than some of my other lens with a 200mm reach, I tend to use others more often when reaching for a legacy lens. But I can't beat the price that you paid. Good deal!

P.S. It's easier to use with live view than thru the viewfinder.

Last edited by Steven R; Aug 23, 2010 at 8:57 PM.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:34 PM   #3

Hi Steve

I wasn;t able to dig up much info on the lens and my first thoughts were its in mint condition (I hadn;t checked the inside of the lens !) but at F5 its going to be slow. As it was going to be thrown away and my friends knew that I shoot with Oly they offered it to me.

Its good to know that it's going to be hard to use the OVF with it, so whats it like wide open at F5 ? IS it really soft and how does it compare to the 135 f3.5 ? I've not been able to use it as I cant get the OM adapter off my 135 yet !

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Hi Steve
.................................................. ...

Its good to know that it's going to be hard to use the OVF with it, so whats it like wide open at F5 ? IS it really soft and how does it compare to the 135 f3.5 ? I've not been able to use it as I cant get the OM adapter off my 135 yet !

Harj
Harj: the F5 is not really a problem, it's okay in normal light, especially with live view. (remember you can also boost the live view brightness.)

You need to order another adapter for it, its much less hassle. I have an adapter for each legacy lens, so you don't have to worry about swapping them when you change lens, etc. Fotodiox is an excellent brand, and they are on sale now at Amazon at $19.95 US. I'm sure Amazon ships to the U.K.
http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Olymp...676517&sr=1-17
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote