Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:18 PM   #1
Default A new gallery ... finally put some pics together

Hi Guys and Gals

I've finally started to get a simple single gallery of pics together, as the previous ones were well.. lets simply say they were rubbish.

Its taken a while to do it but I'd like your opinion on it and the chosen pics. Its still a work in progress so some pics may go...

Here'e the link to the gallery - a mix of pics using the FZ10, E1 and E3.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:31 PM   #2

Harj: what an absolutely delightful and eclectic group of images. Well done.

(The E-1 may be an "old" camera, but it still holds its own in image quality).

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:08 PM   #3

Some really great compositions. I especially like the street shots in B&W
Paul G.

turbines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:07 AM   #4

Well done, Harj! I'm on vacation so this was a good time for me to take a look. Tranquility in a Pod brought a smile to my face.

One quick note - your photos have the phrase "Deep in thought was the King of the Jungle" attached to them, which I assume you only intended for the actual photo of the lion. So you got trapped by Smugmug's near-incomprehensible menu system and put that in the wrong place. Although I like many things about Smugmug, it's menus were laid out by someone who thinks very differently than me (or my company's clients for that matter - we'd be out of business if we produced software like that).

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:23 AM   #5

Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments.. I've trying to work out how to set up the galleries in Smugmug for ages and I always seem to mess them up. Duplicate images, over lapping galleries, etc, and it came to a point where it was all just crap. There menu system does leave a lot to be desired and some of the other changes they've made have been driving me up the wall but their services are still top notch.

Steve, whats got me since I kicked this off over the weekend and PP'd all of the files again in LR was (1) the E1 RAW files and jpegs are still brilliant and (2) the E3's RAW files from the Pana sensor are just as good as the E1's. I'm glad I held onto the E1 and didn;t ebay it .. and right now after todays E5 announcement its definitely not going anywhere.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:41 AM   #6
Super Moderator

what a great set that runs the gamut from street photog to macros. way too many great photos to comment on individually, but a very delightful gallery. particularly love your street vision.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Super Moderator

I'm impressed, must have taken ages to put all of that together!!!

You really should get 5 of your favorites up on the '5 of the best part 3' thread (link below in my signature) so that more people can see what's going on in your photographic world. It also looks like you've got ammunition for many 5 of the best threads to come LOL.
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:30 AM   #8

Harj, checked out the gallery looks great. I have always liked your street shots not sure I would call any of them rubbish though.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote