Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:36 AM   #1
Default [pics] Sulphur-crested Cockatoos in the morning rain

Spent a weekend in early April at my mateís place in Bonnie Doon. Itís one of my favourite places to visit; the views are amazing, surrounded by acres of bushland, plenty of wildlife & hardly any other people around.. just perfect.

Early one morning we awoke to the sight of a flock of Sulphur-crested Cockatoos roosting on a dead tree against the rather picturesque backdrop of the heavily-treed mountains. And to top it all off, a light rain was falling from the sky. This was an opportunity that could not be passed up so I grabbed my gear & snapped a few quick shots before my equipment got too wet. I was very happy with the resulting image.

Olympus E620
Zuiko 70-300mm lens

As the rain began to ease, I ventured out onto the property to see if I could get a closer look (& photograph) of the resting cockys in the soft morning light. I was rewarded with three of the birds flying to a dead tree that was closer to my position which enabled me to capture some really nice shots. I climbed onto of a felled tree stump to improve the angle of the image. This was my favourite of the series.

piXelatedEmpire.com | Bird & Wildlife Photography

Olympus E30 | Zuiko 50-200mm SWD | EC-14 | EC-20| EX-25 | FL-50R
piXelatedEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:09 AM   #2

Well done Adam; really like #2.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote