Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:25 AM   #1
Default Anyone have experience of Oly UK Repair ?

Hi Guys

Just wondering if any one in the UK/Europe has dealt with OLy's repair service and if there any good ?

I'm thinking of sending my E3 in to get the LCD repaired, both the E3 and the 35-100 serviced. I found it strange that OLy won;t provide a ballpark price for servicing the E3/Pro cameras and SHG lenses - I was just told that they will check first and then quote but they will tell you a price for HG/SG and all other cameras. They did recommend the only UK approved camera centre to get a price for fixing the LCD , who promptly told me it was 65.00 to replace. Turn around time, I was told 3-4 weeks. Is that the usual time frame ?

Last edited by HarjTT; Oct 16, 2010 at 8:40 AM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:47 AM   #2

Hi, Harj

You might try posting this question in the Discussion section of this forum:

I suspect that more UK residents participate in that forum than this one.

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:12 AM   #3

for what it's worth, olympus service in brazil is ridiculous. I sent my 12-60 once under warranty, and it took them 3 months to NOT fix it. they're really excellent for lower end consumer stuff, but for slightly more complicated products they're just completely ignorant. I then shipped it to my brother in the US, and he had it perfectly serviced by olympus there in less than a week.

so, if you can, I'd suggest you to have it serviced in the US. repair shops in the UK have probably seen more higher end equipment than in brazil, but still, the more experience the better with this stuff.
kezs is offline   Reply With Quote