Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:16 AM   #1
Default Olympus Evolt E-300 burnt out

We purchased two olympus evolt e-300 to use in our nursery business and have loved them from the start - but we have lost them both and we feel like we've lost members of our family - and we really don't know why and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this problem.

We purchased 2 Olympus 50mm Zuiko digital Macro Lens and have been using them for several years. A few months ago, we noticed a problem with one of the cameras not wanting to focus using the macro lens. So we sent both cameras off for a general cleaning and adjustments. They came back, both in great shape. Last weekend I attached the macro lens to one of the cameras, and it completely stopped focusing and does not recognize the macro lens nor any other lens. So we switched cameras, attached the macro lens to the other camera, and the same thing happened. Everything works both cameras except they don't recognize any lens that we attach. They were working fine with the regular 14-54 mm lenses. We took both of them to the local camera shop here and they said that somehow the macro lens has appeared to short them out so that neither one recognizes lenses.

We are just at a loss as to why the macro lens could have done that. It will cost too much to repair, even if they can be repaired. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we might do?
camelliagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:46 AM   #2

Sorry to hear of your problems. And, it is definitely one of the more unusual situations that I've heard posted on this forum.

My suggestion to you would be to call the Olympus Service Center in your area, explain the problem and see what they have to say.

Good luck and I hope they can repair your camera equipment.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:01 PM   #3

Zig is right, the Oly service center is your best bet. I did an internet search and did not find any reports of anyone else having that same problem. Good luck.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote