Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:48 AM   #1
Default Birders out here should take a look at this....

I saw this post this morning in the Micro 4/3rd's forum over at DPReview..

In using a few of Panasonic's digicams in the past, a TZ5 and FZ50 specifically, I used to use the EZ zoom option all the time. The combination of the G2 and Panasonic 100-300mm f4-5.6 takes the effect to a new level using a nicer camera, better lens and bigger sensor than those small-sensored digicams.

Not digital zoom, it crops the sensor down vs. someone taking a full-sensor shot and cropping later in the computer. The advantage I always saw in using EZ (extended optical zoom) was, by cropping down in camera focus and metering just within the area you want to record was very accurate. I remember trying it both ways and consistently preferring the results better using extended optical zoom vs. cropping later in the computer.

I think that's a pretty impressive little outfit.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:49 PM   #2

Hi Greg

Now those were pretty impressive .. I gotta say that Pana's doing a lot of things right with M43. That first shot at 1400mm FL is just getting silly .. I can saee that being really handy for the birders.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote