Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 21, 2011, 5:33 PM   #1
Default [pics] White-faced Heron & Long-billed Corella take off!

I was photographing a mixed flock of Galahs & Long-billed Corellas at a local oval when this juvenile White-faced Heron made an appearance. The juvenile is identified by the brown colouring through the chest plumage. It was quite an unusual sight as Iím more accustomed to seeing these birds around lakes & beaches. I had forgotten to adjust the settings of my camera, so the ISO was higher than I would have liked (hence the visible noise in the darker plumage), but the overall result was ok.

August 20th, 2010
Mooroolbark, Victoria, Australia
Olympus E620
Zuiko 50-200mm SWD lens
EC14 Teleconverter

A mixed flock of Galahs & Long-billed Corellas were feeding on a local oval. I was attempting to stalk them so I could get closer when all of a sudden the birds starting taking to the air. I managed to fire off a couple of quick shots & snapped this Long-billed Corella just as it was about to take flight. Again I forgot about the settings of the camera, but in this instance it actually assisted me as it enabled the shutter speeds to be high enough to freeze movement of the corellaís wings.

piXelatedEmpire.com | Bird & Wildlife Photography

Olympus E30 | Zuiko 50-200mm SWD | EC-14 | EC-20| EX-25 | FL-50R
piXelatedEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links