Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:37 PM   #21

I hope you will be happy with your D7000. A couple of months ago, I was seriously thinking about switching ... and the D7000 was one of the choices. I decided, instead, to invest in a bit more lenses ... and at this point, I am at the end of my journey (for now) with Olympus. I will use both the camera I have (E-520 and E-30) and my lenses collection until I can't.
Portfolio: http://agilephotography.deviantart.com/

Gears: Olympus Gears including E-620, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 25 and 45mm f1.8 and MMF3 4/3 adapters. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm, 35mm Macro, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye and 85mm f1.4, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter ... and it is more than enough ... I hope!
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:01 PM   #22

I have decided to part with Olympus. It was sad and I just didnt want to let go of the 70 - 300mm. I sold the E-510, kit lenses and the 70 -300mm at a mere USD400 (couldnt find any buyers at all).

I got the Nikon D7000 with 18 - 105mm and the 60mm 2.8 micro. The USD400 from the sale was used up in getting the 60mm.

I havent had too much time with the D7000 and shifting from Olympus to Nikon would need some time to get used to. However the improvement is huge and I mean HUGE. The 60mm is a cracker of a lens and I havent even tried it for macro work but for portraits its outstanding. Have attached a few samples. I have never taken such sharp photos ever with the E510 (the Zuiko 50mm would have been different though). These photos are straight out of the camera with no PP. Just converted from RAW to JPEG and then down scaled to a lower resolution for the forum (hence some loss of quality)

Its sad that I will not be able to post any more photos in this forum but everyone here has been great and really appreciative. I will still contribute otherwise hopefully.

Attached Images
Zeshane is offline   Reply With Quote