Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:08 PM   #11

Wow, gone for a couple of hours and come back to many really nice comments of support. Thanks everybody.

You're right on the money. I use the 12-60mm SWD either with the E0-30 or the EPL-1 whenever I shoot flies. It is a perfect lens for this type of fine detail. It has really made my life a whole lot simpler and I couldn't see myself using anything else.

I know Roscoe NY quite well even though I've not been there in a bunch of years. Roscoe is rich in flyfishing history with people like Rube Cross and Walt Dette, his wife Winnie and their daughter Mary. The Catskills fly tiers were renowned for their beautiful dry flies. I also believe that Theodore Gordon, another very famous tyer came from that part of the world. Gordon was famous for originating the dry fly.

These days, I don't get a chance to flyfish streams and rivers much as my Parkinson's messes with my equilibrium. But, if I could flyfish one place in this world, before I croak, it would most definitely be the Catskills.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 2:39 PM   #12

You know more about the Roscoe area than I do and I'm only an hour and 15 minutes away : ) There are some cabins just outside Roscoe they rent and the Willowemoc river is out your back door. Catch and release but right up the street is keep em. Some beautiful trout in there.
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote