Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:43 AM   #1
Default Back with Olympus

I am back with Olympus. Got the EPL1 with 14 - 42mm kit lens from my brother who didnt use it much. I just wish I hadnt sold my 70 - 300mm. With the Nikon D7000 as my main camera, the EPL1 is going to be my candid and street companion. I am already loving it.

Zeshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:21 AM   #2

That's great, Zee. There a re a number of folks in this forum who use Nikon or Canon FF cameras for BIF or sports photography for the better AF, but use a mFT camera for most other shots when they don't have a Sherpa nearby.

How is the photography school going?

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:02 PM   #3

Thanks Ted. Here's the most interesting part, I got the EPL1 yesterday and it already made history for me. I had my first child today, a sweet girl and EPL1 was there with me. I had some really good photos of my girl and even in Raw I had to do minimal retouching to get the desired results. I am not going to comment on the slow focusing and noise control as I feel Oly must have improved these things on their latest generation of m43rds. I have attached some photos below.

The photography school is going great. Will be shooting the Fashion Week (the biggest fashion event in my country) this coming Thursday or Friday. Have already done a photo essay and it really really helped me open doors to a different kind of photography I hadnt thought about.

Name:  PA021324.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  196.8 KB

Name:  PA021343.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  195.3 KB

Zeshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:23 PM   #4

Beautiful baby; you must be proud. Best of luck with the Fashion Week shoot.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:06 AM   #5

Welcome back and congratulations for your new camera and your beautiful daughter.

I was playing yesterday with an D7000 at B&H in Manhattan and I'm very impressed, it is very light, comfortable on my hands and I like the colors this camera produce.

I was testing the AF of this camera and I found that it is not too fast as the D300s but is very accurate and responsive on flat-dark surfaces which is sometime hard for Olympus to achieve.

Have a great day.

MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote