Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Default A couple Black & Whites

I am in the old western town of Meeteeste, Wyoming and enjoying the local scenery!!

Yes, I did have a cocktail and some of the best Baby Back ribs I have ever eaten at the Cowboy Bar...it is an amazing place, continuous operation since 1893...

Comment away!!

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

E-30, E-500, - Oly 9-18 Wide Angle, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

SmugMug Pics - Click Here
Personal Website - Click Here
Wigpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:38 PM   #2

Good job, excellent compositions. Except for the electric sign over the bar, those photos could have come straight out of the wild west of the 1880's. Black and white seems appropriate, you can almost feel the frontier spirit.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:48 PM   #3

Nice to see you standing in the mirror of that Bar
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:56 PM   #4

Nice pictures... I didn't notice the mirror reflection, thank you Lordje for mentioning it.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:01 AM   #5

I missed this thread, somehow. Jim, that really brings back memories, of my favorite western bar - the Palace Saloon in Prescott. It was built in 1877 and so is the oldest bar in Arizona - have you seen it? The Earp brothers and Doc Holliday gambled there. It burned down in the 1900 fire on Whiskey Row, which is famous because the patrons of the saloons were exasperated that the fire threatened their drinking so they carried the bars across the street to the town square so the firefighters wouldn't interrupt them. (I'm not making this up.) In the case of the Palace that really took determination because the bar is some 40' long IIRC. Anyway, the Palace was rebuilt after the fire and continues as a saloon and restaurant to this day.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote