Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:55 AM   #1
Default Olympus deny killing of FT

After the latest rumour about Oly killing of their DSLR/FT, it looks as if Oly's had to come out and deny that is the case. Its not an official statement but on DPR:

Personally, what do they expect with the last 5 or so pigs ear of an attempt at gorilla marketing ? What was needed was a simple clear official statement one way or the other.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:23 AM   #2

Hmm.... Olympus are losing an awful lot of money....
I think some hard and difficult decisions need to be made at Olympus.
They know what they're selling and what they're not... and unless they have a seriously impressive advertising campaign planned (which for my money,they've never had...), then I fear their DSLR's days are numbered.
It seems to me that the only area where they have some degree of strength (at present) is with their mirrorless products- and perhaps,for the time being,this is where they should channel their energies.
These are very difficult financial times and they wouldn't be the first company with a decent product to go under- they need to get their head out of the sand and fight for survival- regardless of what that may entail...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote