Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:47 PM   #1

Default My old sensor doesn't cut it anymore....

I've spoken before about my E500 and that the highest I dare 'push' the ISO is 320, as long as I have lottsa light that is.
I tried playing with light painting again the other night (My first effort was underwhelming it seems..) but it really showed up the old technology and excessive noise in that old sensor.

The first one I cleaned up a little but it's time consuming and hardly worth the effort the second shows what I mean. Too bad, I liked the sky in the second.
For a moment I thought I had a crud on the sensor but the cleaner seems to vibrate that off nicely.

Prolly should stick to landscapes on a nice day..
Attached Images

Last edited by Scouse; Mar 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:56 AM   #2

From what I have been reading, the E-1 isn't much good after 800 ISO. Here I was thinking the sensor would be bigger in the Oly DSLR's then the M43 bodies but it's still a X2 factor with the focal length. Canon and Nikon are both larger with Canon being a 1.6X and Nikon being a 1.5X.