Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:55 AM   #1

Default Olympus Store Site Problem?

I've been trying to get on the Olympus Store website for two days and I keep getting a message saying Explorer cannot display the web page. Is anyone else having a problem or can anyone else get on that website?

I'm trying to get a price on protective caps for the remote shutter and flash inputs on my E-3. Seller stated he lost them somewhere along the line. Is there another outlet for Olympus parts other than their store?
Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:26 AM   #2

Hi James. No problem getting on the Olympus American website and Olympus store. It is working fine. I just checked it and all the pages on the site load quickly.

However, I just spent a day getting my wife's computer working properly as it suddenly stopped loading certain web sites, and IE saying it could not load the page. After a lot of diagnostics which said everything on the computer was working fine and my internet connection was good, I came across the problem.

Turns out that unknown to me, Microsoft had just done an automatic update and installed IE10 for Win 7. As soon as I rolled the computer back to IE 9 all the problems went away. Make sure your computer didn't get changed to IE 9. It is first time I have ever had a problem with a new version of IE. Avoid IE 10 until all the bugs are worked out. I don't know if that is your problem but you should check for that first.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:06 PM   #3

I've done that before but I forgot how to check which version I have and how to return to IE9 if indeed they did install IE10. I know it wasn't difficult, just need to know where to go.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:47 PM   #4

In the menu bar near the top of IE you see the words "File Edit View Favorites Tools Help" lined up from left to right. Right clip on "Help" and a drop down list opens and the last option is "About Internet Explorer" Click that and it opens a box that shows the IE version on your machine.

If it shows as IE 10 instead of 9, then that is probably your connection problem with certain websites. If it shows 10, then it probably was installed by automatic update recently. To correct, I'll just quote a recent posting by Don Kondra over at FourThirdsPhoto.com
---" Re: Issues with Posting to the Forum Today
Same thing here, automatic update.

Although I enjoy this compfuzer stuff I just deleted the update and I'm back to IE 9

Cheers, Don

BTW - to do this open "Programs and Features" from the Control Panel.

In the upper left click on "View installed updates".

Find IE 10 in the list, click once to highlight and at the top click on "uninstall".

You will need to restart and you will need to log on to all your favorites again "
http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/f2/...day-74598.html

If your IE had been changed to 10 and is still 9, then you may have to run some diagnostics on your internet connection. Or as a quick check you could go to Mozilla and download Firefox to use as a second browser. If you can open the Olympus store in Firefox, then the problem is your Internet Explorer version.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:10 PM   #5

In my IT company we're seeing all kinds of problems with IE10, especially running on Windoze 8.

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
I'm trying to get a price on protective caps for the remote shutter and flash inputs on my E-3. Seller stated he lost them somewhere along the line. Is there another outlet for Olympus parts other than their store?
Thanks
I don't think you'll find them less expensive than here at USCamera. One of many small parts for which the shipping is more than the part, so you may as well buy a few.

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:31 PM   #7

JAMES, check this link direct to the Olympus USA parts store => http://tinyurl.com/cobvlum

The caps have always been $7 there.

I suggest you buy from Gray at USCamera as Ted said. I've dealt with Gray off & on for several years when he has the parts I need.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:42 PM   #8

Thanks Steve. I'm still on IE9 so thats good. I was able to get on the site with the help of another forum member. Wow, seven bucks for one little piece of plastic plus shipping. US Camera is 3.25 so I emailed them to see if they have the other cap I need for the flash sync input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
In the menu bar near the top of IE you see the words "File Edit View Favorites Tools Help" lined up from left to right. Right clip on "Help" and a drop down list opens and the last option is "About Internet Explorer" Click that and it opens a box that shows the IE version on your machine.

If it shows as IE 10 instead of 9, then that is probably your connection problem with certain websites. If it shows 10, then it probably was installed by automatic update recently. To correct, I'll just quote a recent posting by Don Kondra over at FourThirdsPhoto.com
---" Re: Issues with Posting to the Forum Today
Same thing here, automatic update.

Although I enjoy this compfuzer stuff I just deleted the update and I'm back to IE 9

Cheers, Don

BTW - to do this open "Programs and Features" from the Control Panel.

In the upper left click on "View installed updates".

Find IE 10 in the list, click once to highlight and at the top click on "uninstall".

You will need to restart and you will need to log on to all your favorites again "
http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/f2/...day-74598.html

If your IE had been changed to 10 and is still 9, then you may have to run some diagnostics on your internet connection. Or as a quick check you could go to Mozilla and download Firefox to use as a second browser. If you can open the Olympus store in Firefox, then the problem is your Internet Explorer version.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:18 PM   #9

Thanks Bob. The US Camera store sells the caps for about half the price as the Olympus store and they are actual Olympus parts. I'll place an order today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
JAMES, check this link direct to the Olympus USA parts store => http://tinyurl.com/cobvlum

The caps have always been $7 there.

I suggest you buy from Gray at USCamera as Ted said. I've dealt with Gray off & on for several years when he has the parts I need.