Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:14 PM   #31

Yeah, yeah, I know; I have a lot of useless trivial facts that seem to float around in my head. But the bad thing is, now that I'm older, I can't remember everything when needed. LOL

As Ted laid out the pro and con arguments among some professionals on filters, I come down solidly on the need for a protective filter, but not primarily to protect against accidents. I see the dirt and film that I clean off my filters. Who wants that kind of dirt on the lens? Salt spray, dust, pollen, air pollution, etc. all can collect on the lens. I would much rather be cleaning it off a $10 filter then the front lens element.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:07 AM   #32

Yep, got such a good buy on the 14-54mm that I don't want to risk anything happending to that front element.
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote