Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:41 PM   #1
Default Olympus SHG's no longer the worlds fastest constant zooms

Not sure if you guys saw the recent Sigma announcement of their latest lens an 18-55 F1.8 constant zoom for APS-C Nikon/Canon/Sigma cameras. Its caused quiet a stir and you have to give it Sigma to go out and do what Oly used to do with FT. I can't ever see Oly doing anything like that lens again, even in M43 so its good to see Sigma go out and bring this lens out.

Now the latest batch of Sigma lenses esp the 35mm f1.4 prime and one of their constant F2.8 zooms are excellent optically, so I'd be surprised if this lens is not in that league. If it is that good, and shows up in the Pentax?Sony mount as well I think Sigma could sell quiet a few... its a shame there will never be an FT version of it. If there was a Pentax and we don;t see an E7 .. then that Sigma plus a K5MK2 would be pretty tempting esp its optically good.

What I have found interesting is the same debate and exactly the same negativity and also positive view points that were thrown about at the SHG's and FT. Its now a debate over an SHG like lens on APS-C vs going FF .. Now who would have that would ever happen

Last edited by HarjTT; Apr 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links