Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:45 PM   #11

Hey Greg

You made some fine points..the Indian legal system is another where maters can get strung out for decades esp if you have the $$$$ and connections.

John.. if you liked that quote theres a whole lot more in that film. I was so taken aback by that movie I watched immediately the second time to make sure I didn't just imagine things. Its a great movie .. seriously how those ppl could simply walk away with $100ms and not even get a slap on the wrist is unbelievable ... I won;t spoil it ..buy itit and enjoy.. it's a fab film.. my brother in law teaches economics and he uses it as a teaching aid for his students !
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:19 AM   #12

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
There was a time in Japan when those execs would probably have suffered a worse fate than any jail time they might have been sentenced to, and that's losing face. Of course, they also believed the Emperor was a god. I'm guessing they've grown out of all that.

I have a hard enough time trying to comprehend the U.S. legal system in my own back yard at times. Japan is a world away, but I'd still take it over finding myself on trial in Mexico. There are far worse places than Japan.
I believe Turkey is also still high up on the list of favorite places to spend jail time.

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote