Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:22 AM   #1

Default We're getting real tired of the heat, here on the east coast

(Not my photos, just some that have gone viral around here.)

Ted
Attached Images

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:05 AM   #2

LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:25 AM   #3

Maybe they should have left the fans running.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:36 AM   #4

All good shots.
Couple of years back I saw a raccoon sitting up in front of a sprinkler with his "arms" open getting his belly cool.....No camera..!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:23 PM   #5

Ted

Mad me really laugh as were right in the middle of a heatwave as well.. hard to believe that the sun can shine for more than 2 weeks in Blighty !! How this place ruled 1/3 of the world I have no idea - latest was:

1. A section of the M25 motorway(freeway) melted in just 30C+
2. Rail tracks at Waterloo station warped under the heat .. at yes you guessed it 30C +

All of thats on top of the usual .. wrong type of leaves, wrong kind of rain and the snows not what our gears made for

I'd hate to see what would happen if it ever got over 40C .. wait I did on the Central line heading to work packed like sardines where there's no AC in the trains and its easy 40C - result signla failure, getting stuck in a tunnel for 30mins, people falling ill due to the heat and lack of h2O.. etc ..

Back to the pics.. the Raccoon and the mutt look so chilled out ... the coon more so .. like man this feels soo good ! Ken, I can just see it.. and that would have been a keeper of a pic !

HArj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by james emory View Post
maybe they should have left the fans running.
rotflol!

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Ted

Made me really laugh as were right in the middle of a heatwave as well.. hard to believe that the sun can shine for more than 2 weeks in Blighty !! How this place ruled 1/3 of the world I have no idea - latest was:

1. A section of the M25 motorway(freeway) melted in just 30C+
2. Rail tracks at Waterloo station warped under the heat .. at yes you guessed it 30C +

All of thats on top of the usual .. wrong type of leaves, wrong kind of rain and the snows not what our gears made for

I'd hate to see what would happen if it ever got over 40C .. wait I did on the Central line heading to work packed like sardines where there's no AC in the trains and its easy 40C - result signla failure, getting stuck in a tunnel for 30mins, people falling ill due to the heat and lack of h2O.. etc ..

HArj

Jeez, Harj. Tracks warped at 30C (86F)? That's just not very hot. 40C is definitely hot, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Ted

Back to the pics.. the Raccoon and the mutt look so chilled out ... the coon more so .. like man this feels soo good ! Ken, I can just see it.. and that would have been a keeper of a pic !..
I can picture Ken's raccoon also - must have been a great moment. Ken, the problem we have is you just can't keep a camera in your car in the summer here. My wife tried that experiment and it didn't work out very well.

Thanks for your comments, guys!

Ted
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:00 PM   #8

It definitely needs to cool down over there. I'm travelling to NYC next week for three days at our Manhattan offices, will have to be in a suit the entire time and right now, I'm not looking forward to it.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote