Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:46 PM   #11

That is an excellent shot John. Nice composition, and it also leaves room for additional cropping if you so desire.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:41 PM   #12

Thanks, Steven.

I have thought about pulling it in to a tighter, square crop, but I think it would lose too much of its context.

Over the last 6 or 7 years, I have concentrated very hard on trying to get the framing of the image how I want it to be when I take the shot. It is a discipline that I have imposed on myself to try to improve my seeing and my composition of form and colour. Technical stuff comes easily to me, and always has. Where I have far more trouble is getting the aesthetics "right" - mainly the framing and composition.

According to my CEOoDO and her many artist friends, I have been steadily improving over the years. Almost all of them are brutally honest ... . Perhaps not quite so brutal as I am myself ...

Anyway, I don't want to hijack Sean's thread, so perhaps leave this discussion for another time and place.
Love the colours and composition Sean has achieved in his image in his OP.
regards, john from Melbourne, Australia

Galleries: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Olympus dSLR bodies: E-30, E-510, E-1
Digital lenses: f2.8/25 pancake, f2/50 macro, 7~14, 11~22; 14~42, 14~45, 14~54 MkII, 40~150 MkI, 40~150 MkII, 50~200 MkI; EC-14; EX-25
plus: FL-36R, Studio Strobes, Epson R3880, V700, Scan Elite 5400 II, lots of OM gear .
John King is offline   Reply With Quote