Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:21 PM   #11

Thanks, I've been going nuts with my E-10 for weeks. I did what you said and now it works again.
jnunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:34 PM   #12

I have an E10, and I have not used it for a while. Today, I charged up the NiMH batteries, and discovered the same problem. It only lasts 3-5 shots, then totally drained the batteries to low level. I will try to play with HT's suggestion tomorrow.
poordoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:10 AM   #13

I had the same problem with rechargeable batteries and my E-10.
Solution: DPS-9000 attachable external power pack - it attaches to the camera via the tripod mount. The tripod, if needed, attaches to the bottom of the power pack. Complete explanation and review at imaging-resource.com link that follows:

Google dps-9000 - available at amazon.com and ritzcamera.com $30
rdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:13 PM   #14

I use the Powerex model MH-DPB140LI power pack. It's a Lithium Ion pack about the size of a pack of cigarettes that clips on your belt and attaches to the E-10 via the DC input jack (a port I wish my E-1 had rather than using the SHLD battery holder for certain situations). The pack is manufactured by the Maha Group. Do an internet lookup. I got mine for less that $50 USD. Recharge time is @ 3 hours and it lasts a long time. It comes not only with an AC charger for home use but a DC cord for charging in the car! Since plugging into the E-10's DC jack cuts off the internal batteries if the external tank ever runs dry (only done it once) I can simpply unplug it and have a fresh set of internal NiMh AA's ready to continue. This item has been a lifesaver for my E-10.
stowaway7 is offline   Reply With Quote