Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:27 PM   #1

Hello...I have an E-10 camera...bought "used" off eBay. The camera will when it is on "AUTO-focus" mode.." beeps ..and the LED Auto-focus Green LOCK lights up and says it is in focus ; BUT seldom ever is ! !

I can switch to " MANUAL-Focus" mode and get the focus more on " in focus..I know how to setup the diopter ; but that's not the point... Even with camera on tripod and the shutter pressed and / or remote triggered...the camera shows it is"right on " focus...(in focus) but seldom ever is...:sad:

Why is this? I never dropped the camera ; bumped it or such..The other owner " swears " to the camera's great auto and / or manual focus is right on the money and crystal clear.

Has any OTHER E-10 owner ever experienced this trouble.? I thought that in the forum ...that there's question about a way to calibrate this?

Please let me know if there's anyone with similar troubles along this line and what they did to fix it.?

I truly would like to believe that there's a logical explanation for this and been also " thinking " of a too-low level contrast the E-10 won't " properly " focus...but this is even in other lighting conditions.

Thanks for the time you spend reading and hopefully answering my post..Have a good day / night....EST-NY-Sat. 9:24 p.m...Aug.14...In Christ...Ed~

One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links