Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 30, 2005, 7:27 PM   #1

I am extremely interested in the E-300. I passed by a local camera shop today and had the chance to play with one for about 15 minutes. I really like the feel of the camera. For people who own one, how satisfied are you? How is low-light performance? What about skin tones? About 80% of my pics are of family members. Any cons / regrets / dislikes with the E-300?
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:53 PM   #2

I got my E-300 about 2 weeks ago. I love it. I actually purchased it without even touching one. I haven't taken any people shots yet, just mostly funky stuff to try things out. You may want to just glance at the Olympus SLR forum at DPReview for more info. There are many posts about the camera there. Sorry if I am not supposed to mention other forums but it seems like you may get all the answers to you question without even having to post anything. It is pretty active. By the way, this is my first day on this forum and I just started looking, saw your post and wanted to reply.

I haven't compared it with other cameras and I am not the best person to reply but from what others say, the colors are great. The only downside people really talk about is the amount of noise at 800 and 1600. I have never shot anything above 400 so that didn't matter to me. Also, you can use software to get rid of noise.

For the price, it really can't be beat. Also, if you are going to get a DSLR, dust matters and the Olympus E Systems tackle that problem with the SSWF. There are some people in that forum that have much more expensive and "nicer" cameras but have just left those cameras in the corner to collect more dust because cleaning the sensor can be a pain and if you don't know what you are doing, you could damage something.

debkobe is offline   Reply With Quote