Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:44 PM   #1

I was going to get this camera in the first place but i went for the canon 350d..after 2 replacements due to dirty sensors i finally got my e300 today.I really like the look and feel to this camera and really like the kit lense.Managed to find some good tutorials on the Olympus site and updated the firmware with no problems.
I managed to get it from Jessops for £540 which i think is a really good price for such a good piece of kit.
The only thing that annoys me is why oh why are the mains power supplies so expensive..£130?
Is it worth splashing out or should i just buy 2 spare batteries and the grip?Has anyone on here had the same dilema?
Also......one thing that threw me at first...........why didnt they make the flash pop up automatic if needed?I thought that would have been a regular feature on these cameras in auto mode.
photopaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:24 PM   #2

I don't think I'll bother buying an AC adapter for this one, since I download the card from a reader, and the battery lasts a long time; I did buy an extra, though I've hardly had occasion to switch. I guess they didn't make the flash popup automatically so you could have a choice. It isn't automatic on the C-750 series, either.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote