Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 11, 2003, 10:53 PM   #1
Default de-slug your E-10 or E-20 for faster shooting

Found this out by accident: if you turn record view off
any shooting mode > Menu > Rec View > Off
you'll be able to capture images at every shutter release with no waiting, to the limit of your buffer (on my E-10 it's 5 frames at SHQ JPEG 2.7:1 ).

Of course, as your buffer empties (as seen by the stack of bars at the lower right of the top-panel LCD), you can still get instant response on as many exposures are available until the buffer fills again.

This is far faster than any Rec View "On" setting, including Auto, because once the camera gets to work diplaying an image, it has to finish the job before a touch of the shutter button returns the camera to shooting mode.

I wonder if this technique was used by any reviewers who felt that the E-cameras' response in rapid (single) shooting was slow.
weblinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2003, 2:06 AM   #2

I discovered the same thing on my E20 and turned off the monitor. If I want to review a picture, I just click the monitor button twice. It does allow rapid shooting up to the buffer capacity, but then you have a LONG wait while the images transfer to the card.
Still, I have rarely found the slow write time to be a problem. That was one of the big complaints the reviewers had. I guess if I did a lot of action photography, it might be more of a problem.
Bert Bigelow is offline   Reply With Quote