Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:55 PM   #1

I bought an E-300 in mid Aug. from a Brooklyn store on the internet at a good? price. The camera and lens appear to be perfect and everythng works just fine. Great camera. However I am wondering about why it is packaged so poorly. FedEx deliveredthe box which was in perfect shape but there were thngs loose inside. The inside Olympus camera box was also perfect but there was no evidence of it having ever been sealed with anything. There were only cardboard partitions inside the carton with a rectangle for the lens (inside an unsealed plastic bag) and the camera likewise. Everything was there as listed but I can't imagine it came all the way from the Orient that way. I guess I can't complain because everything looks and works perfectly but I am wondering about the history of this camera. Any thoughts?
enway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:12 PM   #2

Hi enway: It sounds like either the original box got damaged, so they borrowed another box and left out some ofthe packing, or the camera was a display model and the orginal packing had gotten lost. If the camera arrived undamaged, you should be okay. You are right about one thing- it did not ship from the Far East with all those loose items banging around inside of the box.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:44 PM   #3

Sounds like the way my new E-300 was packaged...maybe take a photograph of it if you're concerned.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 10:26 PM   #4

Your camera is fine, I am an olympus dealer and that is the standard packaging. The E-300 body and lens arrive in one box, the 40-150 lens and overbox are put together here by Olympus Imaging America.
syg007 is offline   Reply With Quote